Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Am Hungry . . .

I’ve now been without my kitchen since Memorial Day weekend. Things really haven’t been too bad. Though dinners have become very repetitive, (hello, nice to see you again tacos), I really don’t have any horror stories. I am also immensely glad that I am not going through this process with small children at home. From my nannying days, I recall preparing lunch for two eager, hungry kids out of the family’s laundry room while their kitchen was under construction and I am happy to not relive those days.

The one thing that I have noticed throughout this process is that I am hungry for baked goods. I just want to put something in the over and have it come out all warm, melty, and fragrant. I am guessing that this intense feeling would only be perpetuated had we done this remodel in the winter time, but even amidst the hot, humid July weather, my taste buds are still functioning in overdrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment