Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Big Day Tuesday: Cabinet Delivery

So, as most of you know, we took a chance getting our cabinets through a small, wholesale cabinet distributor that we originally found posted on Craigslist. We’ve been really impressed with the experience thus far. Not only did they furnish the very best bid for the most upgraded cabinets, but the cabinets also came in very quickly, something that from reading reviews online was most people’s main gripe with the company. My greatest fear in going this route was that the cabinets were going to be shoddy. When we put in our order, we really didn’t get to see a good display of the cabinets, and I feared that perhaps they were going to be poorly made.

In receiving our cabinets yesterday, my fear was put to rest. They are really beautiful, well-made cabinets. The paint job is superb and staining is even. That said, I was slightly deflated when I learned that we had been shorted about nine things from our order, including three cabinet bases and multiple small add-on’s such as crown molding, fridge panels, cabinet spacers, ect. Worst yet, when we called the company to inquiry, they were completely nonchalant and unapologetic for the shortage. I am truly hoping that we’re not going to have some long, drawn-out ordeal on our hands. As the company sources their cabinets through Canada, I am guessing that rectifying any mistake made is not going to be a swift process.

We’re just really praying about things. We’ve already paid for everything, which doesn’t give a company much incentive to try to work with us. As we got an excellent price on the cabinets, I am okay with some minor discrepancies and hiccups, but I am really hoping that this will not leave me kitchen-less for an extended period of time.

As for next week’s dinner party that I was so hoping for cabinets, countertops and a sink. I think it might just be tough luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment