Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Trusses

I was happy to pull into our driveway yesterday evening to find that our roof trusses had been delivered. When Scott ordered them last week they indicated that they could take up to 2 wks to fabricate. In light of the beautiful weekend we’re expecting, I was thrilled with the early delivery. Scott even managed to get one installed on his own last night and hung all the joist hangers. Come Saturday, all we’ll need to do to pop the trusses into place, sheet the remainder of the roof, and cover everything with waterproof flashing.

According to my mental checklist, this only sounds like three things, but when I alluded to how “simple and easy” this was going to be, Scott chuckled and said the process is “far more” involved than it appears. Even so, I am very pleased with our progress.

Though we haven’t implemented any sort of timeline for our project, I have my heart set on ripping out my existing kitchen come Memorial Day weekend. I will be the one holding the sledge hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment