Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Permit Time

Scott went to the city yesterday to drop off all of our plans for approval. Since our lot is partially wetlands, we originally thought we needed a survey. After getting bids on surveys (most were $1000+), we were thankful to learn that the city only requires a land plot, which we had our draftsman draw up at minimal cost. Hopefully our permit should be approved soon!

Last week we cleaned up our backyard from the tree trimming fiasco. All in all, we made twelve trips to the city brush dump. We still have a lot of wood left, if anyone is interested in firewood . . .

This Saturday we’re borrowing a bobcat and we’re going to do a little excavating and grading. I’ve never used a bobcat, but I am looking forward to the experience. After leveling our front yard by hand, I am excited to watch the bobcat accomplish what would be an otherwise grueling task. Let’s hope weather cooperates so we’re not stuck with a muddy mess.

Scott and I went to the Mpls. Home Show over the weekend. It was really quite puny and had we paid full price, I would have been disappointed. I did however learn the name of the countertop I would like (budget willing). Its granite called Black Pearl and it’s done in a silk finish, which basically means that it is slightly honed so it is not so shiny. I think another name for it is Opalescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment